Our curriculum begins with a deep respect for the uniqueness of each child. Staff members work closely alongside children and use the children’s questions, interests, wonderings, dispositions, attitudes and personal strengths as a springboard for planning an engaging and meaningful curriculum. The curriculum also draws upon the wisdom of Belonging, Being & Becoming – the early childhood learning framework for Australia.
Some ongoing particular highlights of the curriculum include:
- Information computer technology – Children and staff have access to ICT throughout each day as part of the curriculum, including iPads and an Interactive Smartboard.
- Community engagement – Children are actively involved in the local community, including regular outings to local services such as the Community Library.
- Sustainability – The kindergarten has a very productive vegetable garden which children tend and cook with the produce they have grown.
- Strengths based assessment – Staff regularly document stories about each child’s learning on iPads. These learning stories form the basis of the curriculum and assessment of children’s learning.
- Workshops – Each day children have the opportunity to choose and undertake workshops exploring particular knowledge, skills, or interests.